Great insights and Tattler tales from fellow readers
Here are some wacky reader tales gleaned over the week:
Sign that the Apocalypse is near: Frequent contributor Cheryl saw this strange site: "This was a CTA first for me. Northbound 146, after 6 PM yesterday. The cell phone of the woman next to me rings. She answers, talks a bit, starts looking around the bus -- her caller is several rows behind us. I traded seats with the woman on the other phone so they could talk in person rather than on the phone.
Tales from the Don't Go Lane: LadyDay shares: "So yesterday I'm boarding the 147. I touch my Chicago Card and the bus driver yells at me to come back. He tells me I can't touch my card if someone else is inserting money or a card into the fare box. WTF? I thought the "Go Lane" was supposed to make things faster....as usual Nice job CTA! It's not faster if you still have to wait for the person in front of you!!"
Are you experienced? Cmama's list of things you have to experience to be an official CTA rider:
- Have a perv whip it out in front of you.
- Ride a pee smelling train.
- Be delayed at least 30 minutes "waiting for signals ahead."
- Be a passenger of a broken down bus or train (extra points if it decouples, derails or is involved in a train/bus accident)."
And Erin adds yet more CTA "must" experiences:
- Bear witness/be confronted by a crazy person.
- Sit next to someone who thinks the "butt pivot" is the acceptable way to allow you to exit your window seat.
- Be annoyed by trixies.
- Deal with drunken, um, baseball fans.
- Ride the Red Line at least once for morning rush, afternoon rush, and on a Saturday night.