Are you kidding? Massive northbound delays ahead
Big service cuts ahead for North Side CTA riders (Crain's Chicago Business)
North Side 'L' riders: Expect 2 years of delays (Chicago Tribune)
CTA, you've GOT to be kidding!
- A 25% cut in the number of trains heading to the North Side?
- Double your commute home if you live north and take the Red, Brown or Purple lines?
- A 13% cut in capacity of train running south from the North Side ?
Frank Kruesi, have you gone totally insane?
And here are the proposed remedies:
- The Purple Line train will now run counter-clockwise around the Loop on the same track as the Brown Line.
- And we're encourage to consider such alternatives as buses, the Blue Line and Metra train.
I've got one other suggestion: Just shut down the Purple Line Express entirely during this construction phase. At least it's one less train line to worry about.
Also, prepare to lose lots of riders over the next two years. This is really an untenable situation. The CTA claims they've warned us about the three track configuration. True. But I've never before seen anything about doubling your commuting time home.
The next CTA board meeting is in early February. I think we need to bring a contingent of pissed-off riders there. More on that later.