Huberman's shakeup vow: A breath of fresh air
It's music to CTA riders' ears: a management shakeup and renewed focus on customer service.
Some refreshing snippets from the Trib report:
- "The Chicago Transit Authority will be transformed into a performance-based organization, starting with changes in management."
- "We will be doing a lot of slashing."
- "I want people who are willing to give me very long days and weekends."
- "Teams of people posing as commuters will be launched in an expansion of the city's 'mystery shopping program.' "
- "Huberman's priority will be improving customers' experience of riding trains and buses by focusing on consistent service, cleanliness and courtesy."
- He vowed, starting this week, to go through the CTA budget line by line and "cut costs wherever possible in significant ways."
- "His first trip to meet lawmakers in Springfield is already set for Wednesday, Huberman's first full day on the job.
Ahhh! Fresh air!