CTA's car-sharing program grows from 5 to 20 sites
The CTA last month greatly expanded the number of sites where riders can access I-GO and Zipcar vehicles. A total of 45 I-GO and Zipcar shares autos will be phased in over nine months starting in September at 20 CTA sites.
“The CTA is pleased to partner with
It's great to see the CTA in creative partnerships like this.
More from the release:
The two-year agreements expand the number of CTA sites where members can access
I-GOor Zipcar vehicles at locations adjacent to or near public transportation. The CTA will earn approximately $88,000 from the lease agreements. The car locations:
Under ‘L’ Locations:
Areas under the ‘L’ tracks have been identified as car sharing parking, for exact locations visit the I-GO and Zipcar websites.
- Blue Line: North to Concord, Caton to Wabansia
- Brown Line: Western to Campbell, Western to Lincoln, Chestnut to Wendell
- Green Line: 13th to 18th Street
- Red Line: Thorndale Station, Addison Station, Lincoln/Wrightwood, Dakin to Sheridan, Roscoe to Cornelia
Park & Ride Locations:
- Blue Line: Forest Park, Cumberland
- Brown Line: Kedzie/Lawrence, Kimball
- Orange Line: Midway, 35th/Archer, Halsted/Archer
- Purple Line: Linden
- Yellow Line: Skokie